There are six core values which are integral to the Level Playing Field Institute and inform our approach to our work.
1. Focus on impact.
- We strive to disrupt the system and improve outcomes for individuals
- Impact drives the decisions we make; we seek to maximize positive change
- Efforts must be sustainable in order to achieve real impact
- Constantly evaluate and measure our impact
- Consider impact in terms of quality, not just quantity
2. Strengthen our communities.
- Maintain a connection and contribute to the communities in which we work, both locally and nationally
- Be willing to learn from the communities in which we work
- Contribute to the broader STEM education community with research and program success
- Actively foster positive work environment, culture, and practices
- Support staff and community members in personal and professional development
3. Balance passion and practicality.
- Let our mission drive our work
- Work towards a more equal society where justice exists on local, national and global levels
- Focus on actions that are feasible and sustainable
- Make decisions based on research, data, and evidence
4. Experiment. Evaluate. Modify. Implement.
- Continuously and consistently improve practices
- Research best practices and new ideas/models
- Try new things. Have the freedom to fail. Learn from failures
- Exhibit flexibility and resourcefulness. Embrace change
5. Be a strong link in the chain.
- The work we do as an organization connects with and is relevant to the national discussion surrounding STEM education
- Initiate the change we want to see
- Contribute to and take strength from our teams and our organization as a whole
- LPFI employees do their part and more to the best of their ability
6. Celebrate and have some fun.
- LFPI is a fun and engaging workplace that offers fun and engaging programs
- Celebrate successes and the learning we gain from failures
- Create an environment where employees can be themselves and are celebrated for their unique strengths